Seeedstudio Dragino V2 MS14-S with M32 IoT Module
Seeedstudio Dragino V2 MS14-S with M32 IoT Module is an open hardware motherboard to embed Linux OpenWRT in your MCU (micro-controller unit) and connect your project to the Internet of Things.
Seeedstudio Dragino V2 MS14-S with M32 IoT Module, more information
The MS14 is the 2nd generation Dragino mother board. It lets you embed Linux into your MCU projects. It is a low cost, open hardware Linux motherboard for micro-controllers. It runs open source linux system, has USB host port and has full Ethernet and 802.11 b/g/n WiFi capabilities.
The goal of the MS14 is to solve the connectivity problem and greatly enhance micro-controller products such as the Arduino.
MS14 support generic OpenWrt linux version or modified OpenWrt version such as Arduino Yun.
Applications for MS14 include remote control of robots, data logging, web applications for data presentation, mesh networking over WiFi and many more.
The suffix of the name: “S”, means it contains Screw Terminal. This product also contains a M32 daughter board module.
- OpenWrt Inside. OpenWrt is a reliable Linux distribution for embedded system. It is open source, under well developed and maintained. OpenWrt used package system, lots of powerful utility, software are maintained as packages form. Users can easily install, remove these packages to make a deep customized system.
- Open Hardware Design. Developers have the possibility to improve or do innovation on the hardware and release a new /unique product base on requirement.
- Low Power Consumption. Around 1 watt power consumption in working mode.
- AP, Client or Mesh mode WiFi. Can be configured in different WiFi mode for various applications.
- AP mode: as what a normal WiFi routers does, so other WiFi client can connect to MS14 and share its internet connection.
- Client mode: as what a normal PC does to connect to your existent WiFi router for internet connection.
- Ad-Hoc for mesh network.
- Modular Design. The most complicate and difficulty parts are built as mother board. Developers focus on the MCU daughter board design only. This helps to reduce the development time, cost, risk, difficult to release a new product to test/seize the market.
- Production Enclosure. MS14 has a Professional/Industrial enclosure which can be used directly for the market.
- Managed by Web GUI, SSH or Serial. Built-in Web server provides convenient to use/configure/upgrade/monitor or have full control by SSH/Serial.
- Various firmware upgrade methods. Firmware can be upgraded via serial port, SSH access, GUI interface for easy maintaining.
- Safe Mode. Robust software/hardware interface to reduce after-sale support cost.
- 14 positions screw terminal with 5V ESD protection.
- Remote upgrade AVR daughter board. Daughter board can be upgraded remotely to reduce the maintaining cost and provide central management/ deployment.
- Compatible with Arduino Yun software. Reuse all the source from Arduino Yun to speed up development.
- CPU: AR9331
- DDR RAM: 64MB
- FLASH: 16MB
- 2 x 10M/100M RJ45 interface
- 1 x power input: 9 ~ 12v DC or 5v DC
- 14 positions screw terminal
- Protocol: 802.11 b/g/n
- Frequency: 2,412 - 2,472 GHz
- Power: 100mW
M32 Module specification:
- Microcontroller ATmega32u4
- Operating Voltage 5V
- I/O voltage 5V
- 3.3V output channel 1
- 5V output channels 2
- SRAM 2.5KB
- Flash Memory 32KB(of which 4KB used by bootloader)
- EEPROM 1KB
- Clock Speed 16Mhz
- Digital I/O pins 10
- Analog input channels 8
- PWM channels 4
- ESD-protection(IEC 61000-4-2)
- Over Voltage Protect
- 1x Dragino v2 mother board
- 1xNEMA 1-15 type power supply adapter
- 1x Screw Terminal
- 1x M32 Internet of Things Module
Index Internet of Things